Reusable conformal coating masking boots
Using conformal coating masking boots in protecting printed circuit boards (PCBs) from application errors is a low cost, highly reliable solution.
The Masking Boots are completely reusable (over 200 times in normal process)
They can be used for both Parylene and liquid conformal coating processes.
Why use reusable conformal coating masking boots?
The use of other materials such as masking tapes, dots and liquid latex can be an effective process in protecting components from ingress of conformal coating.
However, the masking can be labour intensive, difficult and time consuming.
Recyclable masking boots offer a labour saving alternative in both the masking and de-masking stages of the coating process. This saves you time and money.
Three reasons conformal coating masking boots save you money
Here are three simple reasons that can leave you saving up to 80% of your costs compared to masking tape:
- Masking time in reduced. Masking boots can be 4-5 times quicker than masking tape.
- De-masking time is reduced. Again much quicker to remove boots
- Masking boots don’t leak. So less repair.
This means you can save a lot of money very quickly when switching to masking boots.
Case study: Diamond MT, Pennsylvania, USA
Diamond MT, a conformal coating and Parylene coating service provider found they saved 60% of their current costs by switching to the SCH range of conformal coating masking boots.
Sean Horn, Diamond MT, explains how they did it…..
“We had initially wanted to try SCH’s conformal coating masking boots for price savings. However, once we began to work with Lee on our specific masking application, we realised that we could extend the life of our boots over 200%. We switched immediately!
We then realised the importance of working with someone who understands coatings. We will not being going back to our previous supplier.”
Sean Horn, Director, Diamond MT, Parylene and conformal coating subcontract service provider.
Ask for a quote for our masking boots
Its as simple as 1,2,3…..
We are happy to provide a quotation for our masking boots so you can see for yourself how much you can save.
Just provide us with three pieces of information:
- Provide a picture of the board you wish to test
- Identify the components you need to mask
- Provide the component identification codes (manufacture details etc)
Click here to request your quotation for conformal coating masking boots.
Why use conformal coating masking?
Many companies utilise conformal coating masking materials such as tapes, dots and masking boots to protect certain areas of their printed circuit boards from conformal coatings during application. This is because a lot of components on printed circuit board must remain uncoated.
The purpose of the conformal coating masking materials is to prevent migration of the conformal coatings into components and keep out areas.
SCH Technologies provide a range of tapes, dots and masking boots that meet the highest standards required for both liquid conformal coating and Parylene processing whilst ensuring the products are price competitive.
Masking Boot FAQs
Our comprehensive FAQs section has many questions relating to masking boots.
- Where are conformal coating masking boots used?
- How are conformal coating masking boots used?
- Why use conformal coating masking boots?
- What types of masking boots are available from SCH?
- I would like some custom boots made. What do I do?
- What conformal coating materials can be used with the masking boots?
- How often can we reuse the conformal coating masking boots?
- What is the temperature limitation of the conformal coating masking boots?
- How can a conformal coating masking boot leak?
- Is it easy to peel the boot off from the PCBA after the conformal coating and curing process and will there be an impact on the coating surface?
- How do I clean and maintain my conformal coating masking boot?
- What is the thickness of the masking boot walls?
- Can a custom mark be added to the surface to make identification easier?
Find out more here with our Conformal coating masking FAQ’s
Conformal coating masking downloads
- Conformal coating masking dots brochure
- Conformal coating masking boots brochure
- Conformal coating masking tape brochure
Conformal coating masking links
- Conformal coating masking boots
- Conformal coating masking tapes
- Conformal coating masking dots
- Conformal coating masking FAQ’s
Call us on +44 (0) 1226 249019, email your requirements on firstname.lastname@example.org, contact our distributors direct or complete the details in the contact form.