Conformal coating masking tapes
The SCH Technologies range of conformal coating masking tapes provide a complete solution to the issue of conformal coating masking.
These masking materials are used in our own global coating services and are a tried and tested solution.
Masking tapes available
SCH offer two types of masking tape which compliment each other in the process:
Silicone free tape is used for masking components like connectors on the printed circuit board.
This tape is available in sizes 3mm, 6mm & 12mm.
Crepe tape is used for masking grounding planes and flat sections such as edges of PCBs.
The crepe tape is available in sizes 3mm, 6mm, 9mm, 12mm, 25mm, 28mm and 50mm.
Why use our masking tapes?
SCH Technologies have trialed and tested a lot of different masking tapes over a long period of time.
Some adhesive tapes have problems being used for conformal coating processing and these issues included:
- Reacting in an adverse way with the conformal coatings themselves to produce de wetting effects
- Leaving adhesive residues when removed which need to be removed
- Allowing bleeding / leaking under the tape of the conformal coating during the application process
- Not staying sealed for long enough during processing
- Tearing when removed from the circuit board leaving residues of the tape behind
- Compatible with all types of conformal coatings including solvent based acrylic, silicone and polyurethane materials
Therefore, it was crucial for SCH to minimise these effects as much as possible in our coating services.
We wanted to provide the perfect protection to ensure areas remain free of the coating at a cost in terms of materials and labour that was sensible.
The conformal coating masking process
Many companies utilise conformal coating masking materials such as tapes, dots and masking boots to protect certain areas of their printed circuit boards from conformal coatings during application.
Many components and printed circuit board locations must remain uncoated and the purpose of the conformal coating masking materials is to prevent migration of the conformal coatings into components and keep out areas.
SCH Technologies provide a range of tapes and masking boots that meet the highest standards required for both liquid conformal coating and Parylene processing whilst ensuring the products are price competitive.
- What would happen if I don’t mask a component or my circuit board correctly?
- What are the different methods for masking a circuit board before conformal coating is applied?
- Can I use any type of masking tape or dot in my conformal coating process?
- Are your conformal coating masking tapes and dots ESD safe?
Conformal coating masking downloads
- Conformal coating masking dots brochure
- Conformal coating masking boots brochure
- Conformal coating masking tape brochure
Conformal coating masking links
- Conformal coating masking boots
- Conformal coating masking tapes
- Conformal coating masking dots
- Conformal coating masking FAQ’s
Call us on +44 (0) 1226 249019, email your requirements on email@example.com, contact our distributors direct or complete the details in the contact form.